Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Birth Photography | Eliza











Every time I tell someone I am off to shoot a birth I get this wide eyed stare. I can see the thoughts tossing and turning in their heads wondering what am I actually taking pictures of. My response is almost always the same, "No I don't take pictures of THAT"... instead my goal is to capture the feeling and anticipation that comes with birth. To capture that special moment when a Mom and Dad see their baby for the first time. To give a family the opportunity to relive a special day in their lives over and over.

Birth photography is my absolute favorite. I've done it quite a few times now and every one is still so special and so awe inspiring. As a photographer I get invited into some of the most intimate moments in a couples life and this one, watching life come into the world, is the most rewarding.

Sweet Eliza came into this world a short three weeks ago and told everyone exactly how she felt about it. That hair, those rolls, that sweet baby cry. Oh man.

Congrats Brittany and Kyle on your gorgeous new addition.

1 comment

  1. I have gotten similar stares when I say I had a photographer during labor & delivery, but can't thank you enough for capturing these moments. So special to have them to look back on. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete