Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

If you came along

Fridays are my days to hit up estate sales and the like. I gather my list and look up the locations – make my plan of attack.

If you were to come along it would go something like this:

First stop is a weird warehouse sale that keeps making me wonder if half the stuff came to them illegally. We move on without purchasing anything. Darn.

Next up is an estate sale in the perfect part of town – you know that part that is affluent but still homey. It’s the area that wealthy people live but not the SUPER DUPER wealthy – gives you a false sense of affordability. Well, at this estate sale they think their you-know-what doesn’t stink. Most everything is priced $100 and over. Thanks but no thanks. We head out, empty handed again.

Then we hit this little crowded store front. Angels sang. A mess of junk. We have arrived and are now in our element. I hold up this tea pot and ask if this would be good for another windchime. Yes, yes it would be.

image

Moving down the crowded tables I find this lace trim for all of $0.50. I grab it before anyone else can.

image

Okay, now things are getting weird. This clock was at the back of the table and I reach around for it. You probably roll your eyes because, lets be serious, this thing is ugly. I see potential, though. I decide it’s a worthy cause.

image

Everyone needs an old ironing board right? Teal and rusted – the world could have said no but I would have still bought this beauty. I would not ever by that weird mask next to it though.Is that supposed to be a pharaoh? A mummy? A pirate?

image

We have now walked this tiny space three times, because that’s what I do. On the last round we find these cute canisters (flour, tea, coffee). I contemplate if its worth it and decide to add it to the list.

image

By this time we have scrounged through old linens, looked at too many baking dishes, and laughed at the weird stuff some people will buy. Its time to go – or so my stomach is telling me.

All the pictures above were sent to my mom in the process of shopping. No joke. I need reassurance when buying. That tea pot would have not come home with me without her saying “Oh yes do it”.

Next time you see those little poster board signs showing you which way to the sale – follow. You never know what you might find.

3 comments

  1. Great finds! I really love the canisters!
    And I think the owl clock could be really cool with a pop of bright, glossy paint! Maybe all one color? Can't wait to see what transformations you make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That owl looks like he belongs in Snow White's cottage!

    And weird as he may be, owls are hot right now still, and him and the ironing board are kind of my my favorites of your digs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS: The mask is going to give me nightmares.

    ReplyDelete