Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Love Notes

My grandpa was an amazing wood worker. He was creative and worked really well with his hands. Growing up he always made things from toy chests to helping fix my old coffee table.

He used to have this shop a hop skip and jump away from the house where him and my grandma retired. It was such a fun place to go escape to – the tools, the scrap wood, chalk board. There was this oversized chalk board that he would write his measurements on whilst working on a project. One day I decided to leave him a note on his chalk board – I was in fourth grade and writing on chalk boards was the bee’s knees.

A year ago this past December my grandpa passed away after a long hard fought battle with melanoma.

Over the holidays my grandma gave my cousins and I things of my grandpa’s that held meaning. When my aunt asked me to come with her outside I had no idea what was waiting for me.

Then she showed me the chalk board.

IMG_4799

With the message untouched.

IMG_4802

The chalk board (turns out its actually a solid piece of slate) had been moved from his old shop to his new shop and never got erased.

IMG_4874

Talk about something that held/holds meaning. I couldn’t have been given anything more perfect.

IMG_4862

Over the past weekend my dad hung it up for me in the craft room. I love that I now have a place for it in a room that I am able to create in just like he did in his shop.

IMG_4875

2 comments

  1. That is so sweet that the message is still on there. Perfect place for it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just the sweetest. So glad you have something so special!
    PS I love the stripes!

    ReplyDelete