Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Hooked

I love to see before and after pictures – it always helps me visualize the difference from start to finish. My most recent project had before photos at one time… and then my computer got sick.

Now all I have are after's but hey – that’s better than nothing right?!

My bedspread is very light, airy, and girly. I love it but I also wanted to make sure and balance it out with my décor. How should I do that? What better way than to add a little bit of masculinity to my walls.

IMG_4894

IMG_4883

To start, I took some old antlers and spruced them up a bit. Painted the mount white added a little fabric over the plush velvet cover that someone some where thought was decent. Who that could have possibly been, I have no clue. To be honest the “fabric” is a vintage pillow case cover that now has a small section cut out of it.

IMG_4885

The mount was rather small in comparison to my bed so I decided to add the frame around it to give it some bulk.

IMG_4880

IMG_4879

IMG_4883

I love how it turned out but the space still needs more. I have no idea what that “more” is yet.

IMG_4876

For right now I am completely satisfied with my new hooks. Maybe I’ll give the antlers a little girly spice… I do have an extra set of pearls laying around.

So what do you think? Feeling hooked on the antler décor?

2 comments

  1. You're so cute with all your fun girly stuff! I'm totally jealous of the antlers. I want some!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! These are from an estate sale - but i have seen a few others in antique stores. Sometimes they charge an arm and a leg for them though

      Delete