Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Gone Thriftin’

Some people are addicted to really bad things – things that hurt you.

There are people out there that would say my addiction could hurt me – honestly, it hurts my checking account more.

Hi. My name is Sarah and I am addicted to thifting for furniture.

Its my weakness. I can put back a $0.25 mason jar or a $5 frame but what I cannot resist, for the life of me, is furniture priced to REALLY sell.

Over the weekend as my mom and I were running errands we saw a sign “ESTATE SALE” – like any good addict the car took a sudden u-turn and straight to the source we were headed.

Turns out this was the last day for this particular sell meaning everything was 50% off. Awesome. I didn’t see anything in the house that really caught my eye. wah wah.

Then to the garage I headed. It was like a force in there was pulling me to it.

Meet the force.

IMG_4758

The swirls - The knobs - The great legs - The solid wood

IMG_4736

IMG_4737

Enuf. Said.

I was a gonner. Small problem – I just bought a large dresser and coffee table. Remember?

IMG_4744

IMG_4743

Lets pause for a moment and thank the good lord that I am a single gal during this addiction. No man would let all this thrifted furniture take up precious garage space.

IMG_4761

Anyways, back to the point. I have zero space in my house for these beauties, but I bought them anyways – true to addict form.

IMG_4746

I plan on refinishing all three pieces and selling them. You know – because I got no space.

IMG_4749

Here is where you get lucky. Before I put my color spin on it, I am going to let someone take “claim” of these lovelies (as a group or individually) and get a custom piece worked right into your current color palate.

IMG_4752

If we have no takers then I am going to spruce these diddy’s up myself and sell them.

IMG_4757

IMG_4738

So – first “dibs” are yours. No set price – tell me what you want to pay for this CUSTOM furniture.

ready. set. go!

9 comments

  1. Sad, if I were in Tulsa I'd be all over the smaller piece. After three years of living on my own, my nightstand is still plastic drawers from Target. Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the more reason to get your booty to Tulsa asap

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, I am obsessed with that side table. But since I don't live in Tulsa, that makes things a tad difficult!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see what you do with them...especially with the carvings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds! I can't wait to see what you do with them! Have you tried the Annie Sloan Chalk paint? I 'm trying to pull the trigger on ordering some for myself this week:0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE Annie Sloan paint - I have used it on almost all of my furniture. Its great if you want that distressed look.

      Delete
  5. Whoa! So pretty! You aren't the only one with a thrifting for furniture addiction.. I'm guilty too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you done anything withnthese pieces yet? I can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete