Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Communication Station

Chalk board paint is all the rage these days. I like it - yes but in no way do I invision an entire wall of chalkboard.

I kind of stumbled on this idea I am about to share. It was one of those brilliant moments in the scratch and dent section of IKEA. See a stout door for $6 and wonder what in the world you could do with it.



Since the door had three distinct panels I knew instantly it would be good for something - a makeshift picture frame with three 8 1/2 X 11's attached, maybe a Christmas card holder of some sorts but then it hit me - a communication station! Thank those sweet little panels and cover them in chalkboard paint and there you have a nice doodle pad.



I don't really plan on having any roommates in the near future and not quite sure who I should be communicating with but at least I would have a place to scribble notes to myself.

To me, the most appropriate place for said station would be in the kitchen. Luckily, the end of the south side of my "U shaped" kitchen is the fridge encasing = solid cabinet. The side of the cabinet would be a great place to house my new door/chalkboard.



The project has yet to be started but will hopefully get underway this weekend and hung after the cabinets are painted.



Anyone out there have experience with chalkboard paint? Suggestions? My mom says regular chalk doesn't work all that well but to use chalk markers... we shall see!


No comments