Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

This and That

How about we all take a moment of silence and rejoice in the fact that's its THURSDAY!

I actually wrote this blog post earlier but good ole blogger failed me and didn't save. Awesome.

Lets get to business though. House progress - not a ton this week but some. Its absolutely amazing what some sheet rock work can do. Those guys work miracles in the form of mud and tape. The hole in the ceiling - gone. What once was a window now looks like a true wall. The seams have all been patched up and now all the walls need are some fresh paint.



Friday night is the night for ceiling paint in the kitchen and dining room - you're jealous of my fancy Friday night aren't you? The exciting side of this whole shindig comes on Saturday when the cabinets are "set" - a construction word for screwing the cabinets in the wall.


I also managed to have a DIY fail this week. Wah Wah. I would rate myself fairly high on the DIYer scale but this little incident knocked me back a bit. When we took the cabinet out of the bathroom this past weekend we also removed the mirror that hung above it. The new vanity spans 48" but the original bathroom mirror is a whopping 63". Initially I had all intentions of framing out the old mirror and replacing it in the bathroom but I have this sinking feeling that the large magnitude of the mirror would make the bathroom look off balanced. So, my mother had this brilliant idea. Take an old framed mirror from my grandparents house that is 44" long, spice it up with new paint, and use it over the new vanity in the bathroom. 

I stopped at Lowes and picked up spray paint and what I thought to be primer. Come to find out I bought white glossy paint instead of white primer. awesome. I figured I wouldn't worry about it and instead move forward with the paint project sans primer. Bad Move. The paint wasn't showing up like I was hoping so I sprayed and sprayed and sprayed. Enter drippy painty mess. What's a DIYer to do but grab paper towels and dab the heck outta the drippy painty mess. 



Good news - I think this DIY fail is recoverable. After some sand paper and actual primer - this frame will be ready  for a yellow face lift!

Lots coming up in the next couple days so check back and see the progress!

No comments