Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Thirty Before Thirty // Whats left

A few days ago hit it me that December is fast approaching, which means so is my Birthday. Such a mix bag of emotions, on one hand who doesn't love to eat cake and open presents but on the other hand... thirty. I still feel like I shouldn't be old enough to ride in the car with boys but here I am fastly approaching 3-0.

I'm getting a few things crossed off my list (new ones are highlighted in pink) but with 87 days left to go I need to get cracking!

1. Eat at a nice restaurant alone
2. Purge 100 items
3. Host a dinner
4. Try 10 new recipes // 4 recipes in
5. Visit a new beach
6. Learn to play tennis... again
7. Read 15 new books (audio books count!) // 5 books in
8. Visit Chicago // twice
9. Pay off all debt
10. Send snail mail
11. Read the entire bible
12. Feel comfortable in my own skin
13. Take a fabulous 30th birthday trip
14. Go to Vegas
15. Play hookie
16. Reconnect with an old friend
17. Go to a Mass service
18. Skinny Dip
19. Hit my goal savings amount
20. Organize the shed
21. Print my favorite photos
22. Pay for a strangers coffee
23. Learn to shoot a gun
24. Have a huge garage sale
25. Capture more every day life
26. Get Murphy out more
27. Establish a safe place for important documents
28. Learn to change a tire
29. Participate in Lent
30. Set three fitness goals and achieve them // working on this for sure!





When I was in Chicago this summer we took an afternoon to ride bikes down Lakeshore Drive and stop and put our toes in the sand! New beach - check! 

If you follow me on snapchat (sarahosu) you'll notice a lot more sweaty post tennis selfies. When I was in middle school/high school I played tennis and, in all honesty, liked it okay but didn't love it. In August I picked up my racket and started playing again. All it took was one night and I was hooked! Hooked! Now I play anywhere between 2-4 times a week and try to never miss a cardio tennis session. Its an hour an a half of cardio torture but its so fun and the 1200 cals burned aren't bad either! Tennis - check!

Recently I've been working with a local dog behaviorist to help with some of Murphy's anxiety and subsequent behaviors. We have made a lot of changes lately including allergy medicine, DAP diffusers, more play time, lots of toys, and (lots of) walks. I find the dog park and doggie daycare are his favorite places and lets be honest, a tired dog is a well behaved dog! I've learned so much from our (as I call her) dog whisperer about why dogs act the way they do and how their posturing can tell you so much! Needless to say, Murphy dog has enjoyed every moment and we have been getting out so much more! - Check!

One task you will notice crossed through is "feel comfortable in my own skin".... I could do so many blog posts around this but I'll spare you. This past year I have taken my mental health and emotional well being VERY seriously. For those that know me well, you know I have struggled for YEARS with extreme anxiety and panic. In March of this year I decided to take control and get off the medication I had been taking for 10 years. I started talking with someone about WHY I feel the way I do and WHY my feelings/emotions come out sideways. This has been one of the most enlightening and joy filled experiences ever. I can say with full confidence this is the first time ever that I have felt in control of my thoughts and reactions. This is the first time ever I have been able to calm myself down when the anxiety pokes and prods at every crevice of my soul. To have feelings, emotions, reactions is to be human and I am in no way saying that I don't ever feel anxious or panicked. What I am saying is that I finally I know the WHY behind it and that is a freeing feeling! - Check!

So there you have it - all the updates and so much more to accomplish! 87 days will fly by before I know it. Happy Thursday friends! 

1 comment

  1. I agree you're still too young to ride with boys in a car alone and I won't comment on the skinny dip

    ReplyDelete