Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Girls Trip to Scottsdale

Lets talk Scottsdale. I mean its only been a full month since I actually went on said trip, but eh, better late than never.


A few months back I had one of those moments where life was crazy and everything seemed out of control and all I could think was "I need out of here stat". After a few quick texts to some of my favorite girls we had a trip on the books. We tossed around a few different places including San Diego and Denver but ultimately ended up on Scottsdale. A great decision, if I do say so myself!

We flew in Thursday after work and rallied at the airport before heading out to dinner, albeit a very late dinner. Laura, our resident trip planner extraordinaire, lives in the Phoenix area and introduced us to the most epic karaoke bar/restaurant ever - Copper Blues. Y'all these people were practically professionals. There was a live band that played your tune of choice and you sang along with the "lead" singer on a stage in the dead center of the entire restaurant. The upside to the whole shebang is you don't really ever get someone on stage who just cant carry a tune at all, like maybe myself!


Also, lets take a moment and try and count all those beers on tap...infinite!


After a quick hotel mishap Thursday night we found our self at the W Scottsdale Friday afternoon. This is definitely not the hotel for a quite weekend getaway. After checking in and getting settled we headed to the pool to catch a few rays and see what all the hype was about.



The pool its self was gorgeous and had ample amounts of lounge areas. Its very "Vegas Style" with its cabanas, bottle service, and umpteen amounts of bachelor/ette parties. We were able to grab two day beds and some lounge chairs fairly easily but honestly the sun is so strong in Arizona we stayed in the pool most of the time



After a little too much "enjoyment" we called it an afternoon... and got cleaned up for dinner at Taphouse Kitchen and drinks. 



The area of Scottsdale the W sits in also has a mile square of bars and restaurants. You can walk to dinner and around for drinks and then walk right back to your hotel. We ended up taking an uber to Taphouse Kitchen and then coming back and hitting up Bottled Blonde. I will say, this is about the point I started to feel my age. Five or maybe eight years ago this would have been the highlight of the evening, loud music and lots of people, but not so much now. After hanging out for about an hour we all looked at each other and decided we had enough for the night. 

Brunch the next morning was rather epic, seeing as we went to a place with the best bottomless mimosas but none of us could really pull off the hair of the dog. The food though... oh man the food was on point.


A few self motivation talks later and we were back in action. We had been told that Saturdays at the hotel pool were insane and to get there early. I think we headed there around 11:30 and found two (free) daybeds no problem. Let me take a moment and tell you... if you ever end up at the W Scottsdale do yourself a favor and order the chicken strips and french fries. You will not regret this decision, promise. We ate our weight in those fries, y'all. 


Dinner Saturday night was to die for. I was craving Italian but most places needed a reservation in advance. We ended up at the best dinner spot - Olive and Ivy - I mean the lasagna with its homemade noodles was life changing. Or maybe it had just been a while since I had pasta... either way it I devoured that dish.





We all headed our separate ways Sunday afternoon but not before brunch - i'm sensing a food theme here - and a quick jaunt over to Forever 21 Red. I can't say I have ever really bought much from F21 but after borrowing this red dress this from Laura I knew I needed it. 



That steal of a deal dress was only $10! I figure with a tank underneath and leggings it will be a great transitional fall work dress! Plus its light weight enough for a night out in the summertime. 

I do have to say we had the best time in Scottsdale! There was so much more we wanted to see and do - hike! - but wouldn't have changed our long weekend for anything.


Until next time!

No comments