Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Celebrate : White Christmas

For a few months now I have had this itch to get an all white tree. I am not quite sure what stirred the want for a white tree - its not like I have really seen one done before (until now... they seem to be everywhere in blog land). After looking around a few places I settled on this tree from Walmart. I love having a really full tree but since I wasn't sure if I would like the white tree look I decided to go for the cheaper and more sparse tree. It was a whopping $40 y'all!


Is that not the cutest tree you ever did see?? I love it so much, even more, I love that its in front of the window this year. 

If you follow me on Instagram you'll know I bought this 17 gal tub yesterday from Tractor Supply. No one could really guess what it was for - here yah go - a "potted" Christmas tree or the poor mans tree skirt. 



I decided I wanted all my ornaments to be silver // gold // and white. The cute jingle bell reindeer below is from the dollar store. They come in packs of two for $1. Its a steal!!




Since I did go the cheaper route on the tree this year I knew it was going to be a bit sparse. To fill it in I bought packs of 6 plastic glitter ornaments from Hobby Lobby and placed them IN the tree - not just on the outer branches. Some of these are literally stuffed in the tree like an Easter egg. No one is any wiser that your ornament isn't "hanging" from the tree and it gives the look of a much fuller tree.


Another trick is adding large items to your tree that might not have been intended to be ornaments. These glitter decor balls are really intended for a bowl or large vase. Since they are light and don't weight down the branches you can just sit them on your tree. They help keep your eye guessing because of the size difference in your ornaments and cover a lot of space.







I threw some scrap fabric in my tub to cover the tree base but other than that left it be. There have been some thoughts circle through my mind about adding some paint or glitter to the tub but thus far it has remained untouched.



I love this topper - $5 from Target and the perfect glitter accessory! 





1 comment