Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Eat : Fire Roasted Salsa

My garden has been out of control lately. All I am growing are tomatoes but I think thus far I have probably harvested 40+ tomatoes off three plants. On top of that, I had quite a few leftover tomatoes from the caprese salad at the shower. I needed to use them before I lost them so the only natural thing to do was make salsa!

This may be my most favorite salsa I have made … ever. Its east peasy and so good. I initially found the recipe from Leslie which lead me to the original source at One Particular Kitchen

Every thing you need is pictured below. Slice those tomatoes in half, quarter your onions, lay out the garlic, and prep your seranos. I halved my peppers and removed the seeds. I also used 12 peppers instead of 22 and think my tomatoes totaled about 12. When I do this again Ill either up the amount of peppers or leave a few seeds in. The seranos add a great flavor, I just want a bit more heat.

IMG_9297

IMG_9304

IMG_9305

IMG_9306

IMG_9321

IMG_9324

IMG_9536

Roast your veggies until the tomatoes look soft and the onions start to char. You'll notice my peppers and garlic are on a different pan than the tomatoes/onions. This was completely on purpose as I knew they wouldn’t need to roast near as long. If you want to decrease even more of the heat in the peppers, roast them for a bit longer. The caramelization will counteract the heat and add a bit of sweetness.

I had all intentions of canning a good portion of this but there is no way – its going to be all gone before I have a chance to. Its just that good!

No comments