Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Create : Fabric Bunting

IMG_8835

IMG_8836

IMG_8842

IMG_8838

IMG_8852

IMG_8864

IMG_8840

You have probably seen these buntings all over pinterest.If not just go here , I have managed to pin a few.

Though they are not the cheapest decoration, they are the easiest.

image

For each type of fabric I bought a yard – six patterns = six yards. I left the fabric folded at their natural fold (from the bolt) and cut two inch strips width wise. **Cut fold to salvage** This might be the most time consuming part but turn on some music or a movie and get to cutting. **A rotary cutter and mat will make this a thousand times easier**

After all your strips are cut you will pick a layout and start tying your strips to a piece of twine. As you can tell from above, I knotted mine and then went back and added ribbon. The texture and shimmer the ribbon gives it makes a world of difference. You could also add burlap or pom pom yarn or even lace.

Six yards of fabric cut into two inch strips got me two 5ft buntings. If you wanted them longer then simply space your knot/strips a bit farther – and for a shorter bunting then squish those babies together. The fabric with the lace (pictured) cost me around $50. Considering the lace wasn’t used for this, I would tally this project up to $40 for two buntings.

After searching around on etsy I would say that’s a tad bit of a savings.

One thing to note – not all my fabric has pattern. I have two yards with a loud pattern (grey floral and hot pink chevron) but the other two patterns are subtle and I also got two yards of solid fabric. The solid really helps anchor your bunting. Seems a bit boring when picking out fabric but trust me it’s a necessity.

Have you made a fabric bunting before? Any tips or tricks?

IMG_8858

No comments