Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Dinning Room Chairs {the breakdown}

I had a few extra minutes on Easter evening and decided to start taking apart those rusty chairs a la Warrenton.

IMG_0058

IMG_0059

IMG_0060

Lucky for me the back and bottom cushions just unscrew from the base. Easy Peasy

IMG_0051

IMG_0052

IMG_0057

See those holes on the frame? That’s where the seat and back screw in. Not to bad but quite a bit rusty. Three more to go…

IMG_0061

IMG_0062

IMG_0070

To say these suckers need a good cleaning would be the understatement of the century. I am still in debates over whether I will use some elbow grease and a brillow pad or take them to get sandblasted. Either way that rust has got to go.

I love the curved shape of the base and I think with some chrome/silver spray paint these suckers are going to look a million bucks without braking my single girl bank account.

IMG_0066

IMG_0068

If you couldn’t tell the cushions are pretty nasty and need a full overhaul. That vinyl and rusted nail heads are headed to the trash and new padding and fabric will take its place.

Here are some fabrics I have seen that make me giddy. Only problem is I have no idea what to actually put on these chairs. In my fantasy world I am hoping it will just come to me – in real life I know I will just close my eyes and play “inny meany miney moe”

IMG_0076

IMG_0077

IMG_0078

IMG_0079

IMG_0080

So what do you think? Any fabric opinions??

8 comments

  1. I think the second one would be gorgeous!
    I'm Amber....I found your blog through some other blog (can't remember which) and I love seeing all the fun stuff you do! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amber! I do like the second one a lot - espcially since it has the purple (dinning room colors) and green (kitchen chevron color)!

      Delete
  2. I would pull a color from your rug,in a soild linen, canvas,or even a velour.Spray legs silver or crome and use crome nail head tacks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadnt thought about a solid - guess this girl needs to take off her pattern blinders!

      Delete
  3. I almost used the first one for my living room chair... but isn't it sort of velvety? I remeber not being crazy about the texture.

    But I think you should wait until you come visit and I will take you to upholstery fabric heaven! http://www.highfashionhome.com/

    I'd say they have about 30x the selection of Joanns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. done and done! It does have a different texture that I also wasnt too crazy about. Fabric heaven here I come :)

      Delete
    2. Right across the street they have a sister store that is for fashion fabrics, so we can stop by there too! So much fun!

      Delete
  4. Definitely the last fabric!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete