Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Trends I Just Cant Leave Behind

This article from Apartment Therapy popped up on my Bloglovin feed today and got me thinking, What "dated" trends can I just not give up quite yet?

I've never considered myself as someone who stays "on trend" I typically just go with what looks good to my eye but never the less here we go...

1. Herringbone pattern


Source
When I was remodeling my kitchen (finished product here) I was dying to tile my back splash with subway tile in a herringbone pattern. My dad told me how much easier it would be to go the traditional route and I folded, that was 5 years ago and I am still digging the pattern!

2. Bass Fixtures

Source
There is always such a great divide between adding brass or leaving it behind. Its one of the polarizing home decor designs that you either love or hate. I happen to fall - face plant - on the LOVE it side. I've actually considered changing my countertops in my kitchen just to allow me to add brass fixtures. No jokes. But alas, that has yet to happen. Instead I will swoon over the kitchen above.

3. Barn Doors

Source
Though not the most functional design element, I'm still loving sliding barn doors. I will say they can be done really well and, errrr, well .... really bad. My suggestion is to keep it clean and simple and not try to jazz it up. The sheer magnitude lets it speak for itself and draws enough attention.

4. Black Doors

Source
I love the drama a black interior door brings to a home... add some brass fixtures and I'm weak in the knees. One thing to note, black doors shouldn't be done in a small poorly lit space. I love the idea of the black french doors where the glass gives some femininity to the dramatic dark paint. Hey, I have some french doors in a well light open room... maybe I have a new project on my hands.

Okay, so tell me, what are the trends you just cant let go of quite yet?

No comments