Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Visit Magnolia Market

When I was home a few weeks ago I told my mom the one thing I wanted to make sure and do was head to Waco and see the Magnolia Market.

I know there are people out there that are much bigger Chip and Joanna fans than I am, lets be honest I dont even DVR the show, but I do love a good Saturday Fixer Upper marathon. Over the past few months, I think the silos have kind of taken on a life of their own and with all that social media peer pressure I thought I should see it all for myself.


Lets answer the big question on all your minds. Is Magnolia Market worth the visit?

Maybe.

Yea, I know, you thought it would be a resounding yes. Honestly, its fun and a great way to garner inspiration. Joanna's vignettes around the store are incredibly styled and make you constantly wonder "Why didn't I think of that?!". Here's the deal though, its expensive. I ended up coming home with a few poster size prints ($4 ea) that I love but nothing else really seemed worth the price tag to me. Granted, there were lots of people who were walking out with shopping bags full.





The outdoor areas were so well thought out with food trucks, places to sit and eat, fun games for those who aren't looking to shop (cough dad's and kiddo's), and more photo ops than you could count. Fun fact - the major photo attractions are staffed throughout the day with people who are simply there to take your picture! So leave that selfie stick at home!




My favorite part was getting to meander through their raised gardens and take a stroll through the seed shop. The seed shop is tiny and can get crowded so my suggestion is to leave strollers outside. Again, so much inspiration and everything you would ever need for a fairy garden - who knew! I did love "Homegrown" the illustrated cookbook and could see some of those drawings framed in a heart beat. 









Last but not least, we cant forget the new Magnolia Bakery either. The line to get in was pretty insane until about an hour before close. We didn't end up trying anything but the menu looked pretty phenomenal. I did also hear the cupcakes are very rich so try splitting one if you can!






If you are planning on heading to the silos I would suggest trying your hardest to go on a weekday. If you cant manage that then go right when they open or about an hour or two before closing time. That place gets crowded QUICK! Give yourself time to look around - there is a lot to take in - and maybe grab a bite to eat while enjoying all the fun outdoor amenities. 

Since you've already made the stop in Waco here are a few other places you need to try:

Harp Design Co.  : I have to say we were a bit disappoint on the lack of actual Harp furniture in the store. Candle sticks are only available online (bummer) and stools were the only small pieces outside of the letters they were selling. That American Flag though..... be still my heart








If you have even more time there is an indoor shopping area in downtown Waco that is always a fun time - Spice Village

So there you have it. Now tell me... have you been to Magnolia Market? Planning a trip? Recently come home with some good Waco finds?



 

No comments