Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Life Lately : Take Two

How is your morning going? Good I hope. I am in the home stretch of getting all packed and ready to head to Chicago in the morning. Is it just me or does packing/getting everything ready to leave town stress you out? Pick up the house. Empty the dishwasher. Get cash for the house sitter. Get cash for the lawn guy. Nail appointment. Pack. Work a full day while thinking about your to do list.

Oddly enough, as I write out my to-do list, it doesn't seem so bad.

If you'll remember, last fall I wrote out a list of 30 things I wanted to accomplish before I turned 30 this December...

1. Eat at a nice restaurant alone
2. Purge 100 items
3. Host a dinner
4. Try 10 new recipes
5. Visit a new beach
6. Learn to play tennis... again
7. Read 15 new books (audio books count!) // 3 books in
8. Visit Chicago
9. Pay off all debt
10. Send snail mail
11. Read the entire bible
12. Feel comfortable in my own skin
13. Take a fabulous 30th birthday trip
14. Go to Vegas
15. Play hookie
16. Reconnect with an old friend
17. Go to a Mass service
18. Skinny Dip
19. Hit my goal savings amount
20. Organize the shed
21. Print my favorite photos
22. Pay for a strangers coffee
23. Learn to shoot a gun
24. Have a huge garage sale
25. Capture more every day life
26. Get Murphy out more
27. Establish a safe place for important documents
28. Learn to change a tire
29. Participate in Lent
30. Set three fitness goals and achieve them

Though I have a few crossed off - I still have a ways to go to hit them all before December. HOWEVER, you might notice that I am going to get to cross off #8 this weekend annnnd maybe even #5. A few months ago my Mom and I were chatting about how we needed a plan a weekend trip and I knew Chicago was on my list. I haven't ever been to Chi town and my mom hasn't been since she was little which means it will be an adventure for both of us. Since she is in Dallas and I'm in Tulsa we decided to take the EARLY (and I mean early, think 6 am) flights out and meet in Chicago. This way we wont feel like we wasted a day on travel and we wont spend $$ on an extra hotel night. 

We have so many fun things planned - architectural tours by boat, Lincoln zoo, comedy show, shopping, bikes on the Navy Pier, French Market, Millennium Park, some great food stops, and I cant wait to share it all with you when we get back! 

I've got these sassy earrings already packed! If you follow me on Instagram, then these are old news to you but holy wow. Accessory Concierge  has some great pieces and soo sooo affordable. I think I paid a whopping $12 (sale on The View) but you can get them here for $28. 


Fathers day weekend my entire immediate family (17! of us) and our extended family all headed up to the lake for our annual reunion. This chunky monkey, sporting his daddies 80's threads, was hamming it up the entire time. We had such a good time. Lots of quality time with the people you love most, sunny weather, the lake, the sunshine... its all good for the soul. Whats not so great is when that ham of a 9 month old leaves you with a sinus infection and bronchitis. How is it that kids have a runny nose but as adults it becomes this knock down drag out - my brains have turned into mucus - fight? 


I mentioned a few posts back that I am doing a weight loss challenge at work, winner gets 500 bones and an apple watch. Needless to say, I've been eating VERY clean lately. 7lbs down so far and three weeks left to go. I'm currently sitting in third place but on a mission to win!!


And lastly, we have officially got our first RIPE mater from the garden! I didnt think it would ever happen since the birds/squirrels/rabbits kept taking bites out of our ALLLLMOST ripe maters but it did. The day finally came that I was able to go grab that juicy babe from the vine. 

So now its your turn, whats been going on in your world? Any great 4th of July plans? 


No comments