Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

A New Favorite Snack

About a month ago Tulsa got a new adult playground - Costco. I try to visit once a week but its starting to average out to about twice a week. I seriously cannot get enough, which is odd considering its not my first Costco experience. My parents have a Costco rather close to them and I used to ask my Mom to go every time I came home. Combine the new Costco with a new Trader Joe's and you'd have thought I won the lottery! 

I should take you through my Costco MUST.BUY list - but we will save that for another time. Today I wanted to share the knowledge on my new favorite concoction! Im currently in a wellness challenge at work and have put a pretty strict reign on my diet which limits any form of sugar - think honey, syrup, agave, splenda, etc. This has proven to be a tough challenge when looking for snacks to curb a hunger craving or sweet tooth.  

My absolute favorite snack, hands down, is my girl Skinny Pop. 150 cals for 3 3/4 cups and only THREE ingredients. There may or may not ALWAYS be a ziplock of this in my purse - and Costco's price cannot be beat.

I'm also a pretty big trail mix fan but all the ones I have found are either heavily salted or contain some form of sugar, typically in the dried fruit. So you can imagine how stoked I was when I found the Go Raw Trek Mix at Trader Joes. 
This mix has high quality nuts like almonds and walnuts with a few seeds added in and raisins. Mix that with the Super Berry Fusion dried berries from Costco and I think its the best - no sugar added - trail mix you'll ever lay hands on. Seriously

The Super Berry Fusion alone, for me personally, was too sweet (what?!) so adding it with the Trek Mix was the perfect blend. These dried berries would be great in oatmeal or on top of a salad. 

For a faux dessert last night, I blended up a few strawberries, pineapple, frozen fruit, and coconut milk and do have to say it was delish! It might have just been a glorified smoothie - thick albeit - but the sherbet consistency had me fooled. 


So tell me, what are your go to healthy snacks? Are you a grab an apple kind of muncher? Or are you like me and need some crunch?



No comments