Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Then to Now // Living Room

Seeing as the Kitchen update was such a big hit, I thought I would take some time and walk you through the rest of the house - starting with the living room.

This is the first room you see when you enter in the house and the room that has changed the most in terms of decorating over the past 5 years.

The biggest upgrades that happened in here were the closing of a coat closet that allowed for expansion of the master closet on the other side of the wall, refinishing of the wood floors, adding a ceiling fan, and paint.

Here is what the space looked like when I bought the house


This is the view you get upon entering the front door. Notice the carpet, no overhead lighting, and the kitchen in the background

Below is the view from the opening into the dining room/kitchen. The door to the left of the front door is the coat closet that got closed off.


Now onto what it looked like after I moved in... also known as a huge mess...






As I look back through these and all the furniture changes I have a moment of "What in the world was I thinking". Its like looking at high school pictures and wondering why I wore such outfits. Then again, I was decorating on a strict budget and had a very....er... eclectic taste. Don't get me wrong, I still have an eclectic taste but I am happy to watch my style and tastes evolve. 

Its so funny to think about how much I despise change in every aspect of my life - outside of decorating. Change is a constant around this house - things are always finding new homes in other rooms. If only I would be so flexible in my daily life. Yeah, aint gonna happen.

So here is the room...for now :)










So there you have it, the living room update! It looks so much more put together now, in my very humble opinion. What do you think?

Sources:
Couch - Pottery Barn
Coffee table - Pier 1
Console Table - Pier 1
Curtains - estate sale
Wicker Basket - World Market
White Side Table - At Home
Rug - Rugs USA indoor/outdoor
Dresser - Estate sale refinished with Annie Sloan chalk paint


1 comment

  1. It looks great! Love all the colors & the sofa pillows. Everything flows beautifully.

    ReplyDelete