Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Raised Garden

Its finally here! This little space I have been wanting for quite a while now is FINALLY HERE! You'll remember a few years back I started gardening in hay bales. Though, that turned out really successful, I wasn't able to keep the hay bales more than one season of gardening and it turned out to be a lot more work than imagined. So, I did a lot of research - aka pinterest - to figure out what type of raised garden I would want in the future. I knew I wanted something a little different than the norm but also something that could be added to in the future if I out grew one bed.

I enlisted the help of Groggs Green Barn here in town and they came out to do an evaluation of my yard and size up the potential bed. Two weeks later we were ready for install!

Please dont judge the current state of my back yard - its bad now - but gonna be so good in the future!

















I am so excited. The bed is an "L" shape and each leg is 10 X 3 and sits 12" high. 

This shape gives me a lot of options in the future - I could add a square bed in the bend of the "L" or add another "L" facing the opposite direction that would result in a large square of sorts. 

Right now I am just so excited to get some transplants in there and start growing. Looks like a lot of summer veggies will go in - peppers, beans, tomatoes, maybe some squashes, and cucumber! YAY

Any professional gardeners out there have tips?!?

No comments