Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Life : Camp

Its just the beginning of summer for most people but I feel like my summer is finally slowing down.

This past Sunday I (along with a few other adults) took 1st and 2nd grade girls to church camp.

Its been a good… 10+ years since I went to camp but oh how nothing changes.

There is just this air about camp, as though its telling you “fun will be had here”.

IMG_3525

Camp was an easy two hours away from home and we played in the cove where there were kayaks, paddle boards, tubes, slides, and way more.

IMG_3526

How in the world do kids swim in frigid water? They act like its no big deal as they chatter their teeth.

One of our girls ran up and begged for us to get in the water “Its not that cold because I cant feel my legs”

IMG_3524IMG_3527

Outside of swimming we made crafts, shot bows and arrows, played on the slip and slide, and ate way too much candy!

IMG_3528

IMG_3530IMG_3531

God really did bless me with the best girls for this experience.

If you ever need a little boost, hang out with 7-9 year olds, they will make you feel so special.

We had a blast doing all the fun activities but the best part about our two days at camp was watching God really interact with these girls. Their knowledge and eagerness to learn was fascinating.

IMG_3539IMG_3548

There were a few times during the weekend that the girls opened up and shared some hard stuff, stuff that girls their age shouldn’t have to experience. Most of it, stuff I haven't experienced. What surprised me the most was their hearts, they weren't angry or bitter. These girls were full of joy and happiness. Bad things have happened but goodness they are resilient.

I keep things, oh how we as adults could take a few queues from children.

IMG_3540

IMG_3542

IMG_3543

Those seven girls blessed me way more than I ever imagined. Yes, there were sleep deprived moments where I could only imagine going home but there were way more moments that I felt an overwhelming joy being around those sweet faces.

I will be back next year for sure. Well worth the tired eyes.

IMG_3535

IMG_3557

IMG_3555

IMG_3545

IMG_3559

all photos taken with my Iphone

No comments