Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Girl on the train

As a part of my Thirty before Thirty I promised to read 15 new books. What I was thinking when I decided that, I'm not sure.  To be honest, I would much rather watch Real Housewives or Big Brother in the evenings instead of reading a book. Simple minded? Maybe. Up to date on reality tv? Always!

So, due to my inability to put down the remote I have turned to audio books to meet my book quota. Side note - audio books are the jam especially if you have a fancy car like me that doesn't have Sirius or an aux port to plug your phone into and your other choice for entertainment is zee radio.

 
 
 
In full disclosure I did try to read this one via hard copy and got 8 pages in and never picked it back up. Then I decided to try my luck listening to it instead - BINGO. The narrator(s) are British - DOUBLE BINGO!
 
It took me some time to get into this one - slow moving at first and a little sporadic - almost a bit depressing. Then out of no where it starts to really pick up and by the end I was making laps around the neighborhood just to hear what happens next! I wouldn't call this a "beach read", which is my typical go to, but instead a good weekend thriller.
 
The main character Rachel is a tad nosey and very much an alcoholic and gets herself into a predicament when a girl she doesn't know from Adam goes missing. There were a few times I couldn't believe she was making the choices she was and thought she had lost her ever loving mind. By the end though I love her and feel so sorry for her - like can I please just cook you dinner and hug you. There are a few guys in the book that you will want to kick in their man junk and another girl (Anna) that is like the meanest of mean girls. Overall it kept me very engaged and made me ask a few fellow reader friends if they have picked it up yet. If you have an aversion to reading about alcoholics/adultery/murder I would point you in a different direction than this one. However, if you want to feel like at least my problems aren't THAT bad then grab this one stat.
 
On a scale of 1 - 10 // one being that I didn't even get half way through and 10 being Hunger Games // I give this one an 8.
 
 
Now go read it and let me know what you think!

No comments