Image

Image
Photography

Image

Image
Home

Image

Image
Garden

Create: Tacky Christmas Sweater

Its that time of the year! Temperatures are {finally} cooling waaay down and the twinkle lights have appeared… ugly Christmas sweater parties all around!

My group from work is darting out early today to celebrate in Tacky Sweater Style.

sweater card

The search for a Christmas sweater was on – I looked high and low at Goodwill and the local thrift stores but nothing really fit my fancy. Everything seemed – okay – but a tad pricey. $15 for a used sweater that smelled like smoke – not my thing.

Then it hit me – Walmart is full of tacky! {granted I am a walmart shopper but you can sure find some tacky gems in that place}

IMG_8508IMG_8511

Enter men's t-shirt and a women's turtle neck. For that same $15 price tag, I was able to get never worn tacky!

The sweater vest is a screen print and I felt like it needed just a little more pizzazz.

IMG_8509IMG_8510

When I first was thinking through how to adorn this gem I thought I would sew things to it so that I could easily cut them off… you know incase I wanted to wear it again… what?? After that craziness left my head I was able to think clearly and grab the glue gun.

IMG_8517IMG_8518

And behold… tacky {new} Christmas Sweater at its finest.

IMG_8536IMG_8538

The ornaments and candy canes are from the dollar store – one package of each {both were leftovers from another project}

IMG_8542

IMG_8537

So there you have it – a tacky sweater at its finest. Now lets cross our fingers I win that prize!

Anyone else throwing on a less that ideal dud for a party??

No comments